European network (NEIWA)
Government organizations from various European countries have set up a network in which they work together and exchange knowledge in the field of whistleblowing and integrity.
The inaugural meeting took place on May 24, 2019 in The Hague, on the initiative of the Dutch Whistleblowers Authority. The new network is called the Network of European Integrity and Whistleblowing Authorities (NEIWA). The participating organizations are:
- Ministry of Justice - Central Prosecutor's Office for the Prosecution of Economic Crimes and Corruption (Austria)
- Federal Ombudsman (Belgium)
- Vlaamse Ombudsman (Belgium)
- Ombudswoman of the Republic of Croatia (Croatia)
- Ministry of Justice, Conflict of Interests and Anti-Corruption Department (Czech Republic)
- Ministry of Justice, Estonian Criminal Policy Department (Estonia)
- Ministry of Justice (Finland)
- Defenseur des Droits (France)
- Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community (Germany)
- Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (Germany)
- National Transparency Authority (Greece)
- Commissioner for Fundamental Rights (Hungary)
- Garda Ombudsman, GSOC Protected Disclosure Unit (PDU) (Ireland)
- Autorità Nazionale Anticorruzione (ANAC) (Italy)
- State Chancellery, Contact Point of Whistleblowers (Latvia)
- Prosecutor General's Office (Lithuania)
- Huis voor Klokkenluiders (the Netherlands)
- Portuguese Ombudsman’s Office (Portugal)
- Prosecutor General (Portugal)
- Ministry of Justice (Romania)
- Whistleblower Protection Bureau i.o. (Slovakia)
- Komisija za preprečevanje korupcije (Slovenia)
- Oficina Antifrau de Catalunya (Spain)
- Agencia Valenciana Antifrau (Spain)
- Ministry of Employment, Division for Labour Law and Work Environment (Sweden).
We invite similar authorities within the EU to join this network. This way we can exchange experiences and learn from each other. We can also develop instruments, programs and positions. In this way we can ensure that the reporting of wrongdoing is done as safely as possible throughout Europe.
Brussels Declaration Network of European Integrity and Whistleblowing Authorities (NEIWA)
The 4th meeting of the Network of Integrity and Whistleblowing Authorities was held virtually on 3 and 4 December 2020 “in ...
Transposition of the Directive 2019/1937 - Winter 2020
The member authorities of the Network of European Integrity and Whistleblowing Authorities (NEIWA) have updated their informal ...
Transposition of the Directive 2019/1937 - Fall 2020
The member authorities of the Network of European Integrity and Whistleblowing Authorities (NEIWA) have informally drafted an ...
Rome Declaration NEIWA
In deze verklaring wordt aandacht besteed aan de vijf inhoudelijke onderwerpen uit de EU-richtlijn voor de bescherming van ...
NEIWA Declaration 2 December 2019
In this declaration the European network of integrity and whistleblowing government organizations calls on all member states to ...